The Drowned Vale
This article could contain outdated information that is inaccurate for the current version (1.52) of the game. It was last updated for 1.51.
|“||These boundless wetlands span much of the eastern heart of Caoiva. An unfortunate consequence of the flooding of Deepfleet, this extension of the valley is a muddied mire filled with twisted wooden pathways and murky shallow waters.||„|
|— Foxhole Devblog|
The Drowned Vale is a map located in the center right of the world map, bordering Deadlands, Marban Hollow, Endless Shore, Allod's Bight, Shackled Chasm, and Umbral Wildwood. The map's main features are the large broken dam, swampy terrain covering majority of the region, and the Bulwark. The map is characterized by tons of flood damage, consisting of muddy plains, tons of small creeks and damaged infrastructure scattered throughout the region.
The capital of the region, ironically named The Baths, is one of the areas struck by the flooding. It is located on an island bisected by the Bulwark in the center of the map, and accessible by 4 bridges to the Northeast, Northwest, West, and Southeast.
The map's Town Base that contributes to the World Conquest's "Victory Condition" is The Baths.
Logistical Locations refers to the ways logi can interact within the region, either for storage, transportation, or resource collection/processing.
The Drowned Vale has waterways that pass through Deadlands, Endless Shore, Maiden's Veil, and Shackleed Chasm. As such, there is a Seaport located in The Baths that can be accessed by Barges and Freighters.
There are permanent rail lines that are placed around the region.
- Railway Bridge - North-Northeast of The Baths
- Railway Bridge - Northeast of The Baths
- Railway Bridge - West-Southwest of The Baths
- Railway Bridge - Southeast of The Baths
- Railway Bridge - South of the Vessel Town Base
- Permanent rail line that runs through The Bulwark, West of The Wash Relic Base, and The Wash Keep
- Permanent rail line that runs through The Bulwark, West of The Baths
- Permanent rail line that runs through The Bulwark, East of The Baths
- Permanent rail line that runs along the South Coast of the land mass containing The Baths
- Allows railway access to the Seaport
There are three (3) Water Wells located within the region:
- Coaldrifter Stead - Northeast of the Town Base
- The Baths - South of the Town Base, across the road from the Seaport
- The Saltcaps - Northeast of the Town Base
Depending on the map configuration, (North vs South, or East vs West) The Baths can have either:
- a frontline Refinery and a Hospital
- a Factory and a Construction Yard
There is one (1) shipyard located in the region:
- Sop Fields (North-Northwest of Coaldrifter Stead)
Depending on the map configuration, Resource Fields and Resource Mines will be placed around the region, with the type of fields and mines changing every war.
- The Baths will always contain a Seaport
- Loggerhead will always contain a Storage Depot
- The Drowned Vale was added to the game in Update 0.26, with the introduction of the hexagonal maps.
- In Update 0.29, Border Forts were removed and repurposed as Zone Bases.
- In Update 0.37, the map was heavily redesigned, removing the majority of the region's shallows, and the wooden bridges. The capital of the region, The Baths, was moved and redesigned.
I must have burned my skin to bone about as many times as I’ve broken fingers. These blasted old rifles… maybe it’s time to seek out new materials. New tools. I fear I may not be successful out here in the wetlands. Let me tell you, those dreadful birds never shut up!
If you have any thoughts, please write back in a hurry.
He signs off with only, ‘Your dear friend.’
What a morbid display.
Hah. I figured out what none could. Stupid smugglers. Stupid me, I guess. They found me, and I’m sure you figured out what happened.
There’s another wall, you must know. Nothing less than a tank will crack it, and even then, I’m not sure that would do it. Maybe with enough force.
Enough . . . What is enough?
It’s dark now. Light flickers. Out of matches. Cold. Hungry. The monsters. Did I deserve this?
Named Locations in The Drowned Vale
- The Baths
- Coaldrifter Stead
- Fleetsfall River
- The Other Vein
- The Saltcaps
- Singing Serpents
- Sop Fields
- Splinter Pens
- Sprite's Game
- The Turtlerocks
- The Wash
- The Willow Wood
- Wisp's Warning
|Click on a region to open the corresponding page.|
- ↑ "Foxhole Stats." https://foxholestats.com/ Accessed 5 Oct. 2019.